No one can object to the fact that cell phones have become an everyday household item. Almost every person in the work force has one. Most kids aged 12 to 18 have them and with all of these people having phones, how safe is it? We all know that you can take pictures and send text but what if you lost your phone and you had revealing things about yourself on it? That would be bad. The lesson here is don not put pictures and messages on your phone that you do not want everyone to see. But that is not the main reason I chose safety as my topic today. I did it because of new facts that are coming out about the phone and what people can do. Evey one knew that the government was listening to our calls but who knew that they could hear through the mic. while not in use. I believe this is wrong and something should be done against it. I understand that the government wants to protect the county but where can they draw the line? Is the next step cameras in our homes, I hope not. I think that if the government has the power to do all of this they should put it to better use that to spy on its own citizens. I believe we need new laws for stopping governments from taking over our lives. The constitution was made along time ago, and i'm pretty certain they did not have phones and therefore did not worry about it at the time, but with changes in time should come changes in government .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Okay, I'm pretty sure that the government cannot listen to your conversations when your phone is off. I'm also pretty sure that that video was bogus. Don't get me wrong, it was funny bogus, but it was still bogus.
ReplyDeleteHaha, Aly going all 1984 conspiracy theorist. I don't think they can listen to us with our phones turned off. That'd be pretty low even for the government.
ReplyDelete