Thursday, March 18, 2010

teens and phones


Today I have chosen to make my blog about the dangers of driving and using your cellular device. Everyone knows that driving can be fun and it can also kill people if done incorrectly. Teens have a hard enough time focusing on the road as it is, and with cell phones teens can talk to there friends while they are driving. As you can see in this clearly un-staged photo, the girl is making no eye contact at the road at all. That is because she is using her eyes to text someone that is apparently more important to her than the family of 7 in the car next to her going to grandma's.( and some people might say that they can watch the road with one eye and glace at the phone with the other and unless you have a lazy eye, you can't control just one of your eyes to do something.) I don't know about this girl but many people now seem to not care about the family of 7 next to them on the road. This is a huge problem in children today. I am mostly blaming it on faulty parenting, but kids need to figure out when it is appropriate to text and call people. I think that the government should stop using our phones to listen in on people and start making laws about this. I hope that people think about this blog and stop texting people while driving, because unless your on the phone with Bill Gate's daughter,( in this case you should pull over and talk to her)you can wait until you arrive at your destination.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about the faulty parenting. I don't think as many teens would text and drive if their parents instilled the dangers into them. I don't think talking on the phone is that bad. It's not any different than talking to someone in the car. Texting and driving is horrible, though. Don't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know texting and driving was just made illegal in Iowa like a few weeks ago or something. I love the faulty parenting thing, too.

    ReplyDelete