Thursday, February 25, 2010
My book project
I have started reading the book Business @ the speed of light, by Bill Gates. I have read pages 1 through 24 and I am still having a hard time understanding what he is talking about but it is still a good book. I chose this book because Bill Gates is like one of the most powerful people in technology. In the section that I have read he talks about how companies can use technology to make their business run faster, better and provide more of what the customer wants. He gives the examples of Ford and McDonald's as companies that have used technology to get consumer feedback very quickly. I think that the book is funny because it was written in 1997 just before the big ordeal of the new millennium. I have also realized that a lot of the stuff in the book is realistic and companies would be considered primitive if they didn't use technology. The classrooms and stores use technology to better themselves against other schools and direct competition for businesses. As of right now I am not in favor of this book just because it is outdated and he is talking about stores staring to put sales online and track everything through a network, and the are all doing it now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment