I've been reading Bill Gates book and I have to say that it is quite difficult to read. It is a very good book but he wrote it in the past decade. With it being "outdated" it does not provide information that is even slightly relevant to any situation in the real world. In this book Bill talks about using the Internet to better prepare your company for the economic fight to come. This is not my book post but it does have something to do with my topic of cell phones. People now can use cell phones to trade stocks and check emails while the are eating lunch. With all of these capabilities, people can perform business transactions in less time than ever. In his book Bill talks about how if one company could control all of this power while every other company had to do everything in an an old fashioned manner, they would control most of their market. I just wanted to talk about Bill Gates because he is recognized as the father of modern computers. I think that if we all read this book we will better understand how businesses run and how to become successful. This might not have a lot to do with cell phones but I like the idea that people can do things with phones that they could not do 10 or even 5 years ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do you really think we should all read this book? I thought you said it was horrible. You also said that it didn't contain any "information that [was] slightly relevant to any situation in the real world". Why would we read that?
ReplyDeleteO.K. so you said the book is outdated and has nothing to do with the real world, but then you say that if everyone read it we would all understand business.
ReplyDeleteYou're confusing, man.
I think it sounds like some of the concepts in this book are relevant to society. It would be scary if one company could control all of the technology while other companies were left in the dark. Keep adding more ideas on this type of topic for future blog posts!
ReplyDeleteI think that I'm going to read this book. It's an interesting challenge to read a book that confuses you beyond belief, but this book might have some rather stupid old things that I could laugh at. So when you're done with it, I'm checking it out.
ReplyDelete