Wednesday, February 10, 2010

cell phones and countries


I found this list of the top 100 countries and how many cell phones they use.

http//www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0933605.html, this website gives you a list of the countries. I thought it was cool that china was on the top of the list. This shows that even when countries are poor as dirt, they can still make an impact on the world.
This is an early cell phone. As you can tell, no one in the world uses these anymore. This just shows how much cell phones have changed. It is hard to believe that in 10 years cell phones could become obsolete. I can not not to see what the future holds for technology.
I enjoy using a cell phone, but I think people get carried away. We just held a national competition for texting. I think it was a joke that some one could win a scholarship for texting fast. I believe that people in the world are into cell phones way too much. We some how need to regulate how we use them. Its great to talk to people but where can you draw the line? Is having a video chat with someone in France too much. With all of the worlds communications on data and computers, it makes it easier for people to hack and mess everything up. If you have seen the new live free or die hard movie, you would have seen what could happen if a smart gut could get a hold of the worlds communications. If one man or a nation get control of everything with computers, it could ruin everything. I like that people can check email and trade stocks online, but what if you lose your smart phone and someone finds it and goes onto your stock trader on your phone with the Internet capabilities. They could lose you more money than you own and put you in debt. I think that you should only be able to do certain things on phones.

4 comments:

  1. By the way, I don't think China is as poor as dirt. I think there are a lot of rich people in living in China. I have a question. Can you put a lock on your phone so that if you lose your phone it will be considerably harder for someone to go on it and screw with your stock trader? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget texting and driving. I hate people that do that.

    And I'm pretty sure China is one of the richest countries in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is important to make sure all research is accurate before making opinions. It makes for some excellent discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paige and Mandy make a good point. Interesting ideas Aly...I was a pretty big fan of your Live Free or Die Hard reference too. I think that getting money for texting fast is stupid, because honestly, how is that going to help you in real life? I suppose you could text someone fast in an emergency or something, but yeah...

    ReplyDelete